A Thought about Abortion
Would you consider abortion in the following four situations?
- There’s a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she’s pregnant with her 15th. They’re living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she gets an abortion?
- The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. the 1st is blind, the 2nd is dead, the 3rd is deaf and the 4th has TB. She finds she’s pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?
- A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?
- A teenage girl is pregnant. She’s not married. Here fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he’s very upset. Would you consider recommending abortion?
If you have answered “yes” in any of these situations:
- In the first case, you have just killed John Wesley. One of the great evangelists of the 19th century.
- In the second case, you have killed Beethoven.
- In the third case, you have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.
- If you said yes to the fourth case, you have just declared the murder of Jesus Christ!
Something to think about and pass along.